This Wednesday June 4 Ocho lounge at Hotel Havana will be hosting a Shiner Beer Supper Club to celebrate the culinary bounty of Texas. Loncito Cartwright is a sixth-generation Texas rancher and he will be onsite to share his family’s ranching stories.
Ocho’s Executive Chef Toby Soto has prepared a special menu for the evening’s event. It is a five-course meal featuring offerings from Loncito’s Twin Oaks Ranch and seasonal ingredients. Each course is to be paired with Shiner Beers selected and presented by Terry Fagan.
The menu consists of:
- First Course - Texas redfish taquitos with roasted tomato and cilantro slaw served with avocado and queso fresco salad
- Second Course - Smoked carrot bisque with sweet pea crema and melted leeks
- Third Course - Charred broccoli and roasted beet escabeche
- Fourth Course - Cast-iron seared sweet potato and purple kale pork roulade, Michelada gelee, herb-battered mushrooms, shaved asparagus, white cheddar fonduta
- Fifth Course - Buneulo banana cheesecake and caramelized strawberries on a cocoa crisp drizzled with Cajeta de Cabra
A Texas Bounty, Shiner Supper Club
Wednesday June 4, 2014
1015 Navarro Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Dinner is $75 per person and includes tax and gratuity. Seats are limited and reservations are strongly recommended. Reservations can be made by calling the front desk at (210) 222-2008.
Source: Kristen Gehring/Giant Noise