A group of women participating in a "Overpasses for Obama Impeachment" protest in Gwinnett County, Ga., said Obama supporters threatened to kill them during a recent protest event, WSB Radio reported Friday.
According to WSB, the women said they were holding signs at the protest last Saturday when a man allegedly pulled up beside them. The women told WSB the man pointed a gun at one and splashed another with an unknown liquid.
"I felt it on my foot... it burned, so I thought it was a household chemical," said protester Marge Moore.
Moments earlier, she said, a couple stopped and threatened to kill them.
The women contacted Gwinnett County police as the suspect, described as an older black man, drove off. A witness told 911 the man was balding, with glasses, and drove a burgundy Mercury Grand Marquis. WSB said they verified the report with local authorities.
“He just showed the ladies the gun like ‘move out of here, I’ve got a gun’,” the witness told the 911 dispatcher.
Detectives said the tag number provided by the witness does not match up with the type of vehicle, but they are investigating the incident.
Despite the threats to their lives, the women say they will continue to protest and plan on returning to the overpass at Steve Reynolds Boulevard this weekend.
We're going to come back out here," said protester Toni Pendley. "We're not going to let him or anyone intimidate us."
WSB said that gun owners with carry permits may join the protesters this weekend.
"Strangely we don’t hear about the so-called War on Women when it’s Republican women under assault," said a post at Jammie Wearing Fools.
- The left’s shutdown battle cry: Kill them all!
- Deranged: Cher suggests killing Tea Party Republicans on Twitter
- Newsweek cover depicts President Obama as 'god of all things'
- Democrats boo restoration of God, Jerusalem to party platform
- DNC rejects Christian gift baskets, cite views on women's rights, abortion
- Democrats remove 'God' from DNC platform, insert Obama's name over 100 times
- Barack Obama Twitter account: Tea Party 'extremists' closed Statue of Liberty
- Harry Reid, Barack Obama fomenting violence against conservatives over Obamacare
- Liberals blame NRA, Tea Party for D.C. shooting, hope Republicans shot
- Mark Levin to Obama: Touch one vet and face 'half a million people' at memorial (Video)
- Obama to GOP at White House meeting: My way or the highway on Obamacare funding
- Reid blames Ted Cruz for kid with cancer comment, Politico runs cover (Video)
- Picture of guard at Lincoln Memorial called 'Snapshot of Obama's America'
- Harry Reid blames GOP for Obama shutting down WWII memorial
- NY Mag writer: Keep vets out of WWII memorial with aging Nazi soldiers
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberal New Republic suggests Obama use military against Tea Party
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.