During his second inauguration, President Obama stumbled on the Oath of Office right before he took to the podium to give his speech.
On Monday, Obama accidentally flubbed a portion of the Oath. During the Oath, Obama was supposed to say “United States” and, for whatever reason, couldn’t quite get the word “States” to come out correctly.
Or at all.
At the end of the day, it was an honest mistake for an otherwise flawless second inauguration. The stumble by President Obama didn’t carry over into any other aspect of the day, as his speech laid of his second term agenda.
During the speech, Obama mentioned he desire to want to continue to progress the gay rights movement, as well as make an effort to put climate change on the front-burner.
Afterward, Obama went to a luncheon, which was of course televised, before hopping in The Beast with Michelle Obama. While driving down the parade route, Barack Obama and Michelle Obama climbed out on two occasions to wave and pose for the adoring crowd.
Does the fact that Obama stumbled over the Oath bother you, or is it much ado about nothing? Voice your thoughts below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
1) Ke$ha's song pulled from radio, singer apologizes on Twitter
2) Katt Williams says he slapped Target employee over N-word slur
3) Tantrum over burger in McDonald's leads to assault charges
4) Boy gets $6.9 million after being molested in 2008
6) Crocodile leaps at the face of a swimming tourist (VIDEO)
7) NRA's Facebook page goes dark after CT school shooting
16) Ann Curry begging NBC to fire her?
19) Aimi Jones accidentally posts a naked photo of herself on eBay