"Today, with solemn pride and reverence, let us remember those who fought and died at Pearl Harbor, acknowledge everyone who carried their legacy forward, and reaffirm our commitment to upholding the ideals for which they served," Obama's post read.
The picture that accompanied the post shows Obama descending the stairs next to the Pearl Harbor memorial.
"The picture barely fits the name of the Arizona Memorial so it can frame Obama in the foreground," Breitbart's William Bigelow said. He also noted that the administration's current shipbuilding plan shrinks the size of the Navy from 313 to 298 ships.
"I wondered when or if he was going to honor the Pearl Harbor heroes, who died wearing the uniform of America, or if he was too busy honoring Nelson Mandela," one of the more than 5,200 comments read.
It's not the first time Obama has inserted himself into important events.
As we reported Friday, the White House marked the death of South African leader Nelson Mandela with a picture of Obama in Mandela's prison cell.
He also inserted himself into the official biographies of a number of presidents.
"In a June 28, 1985 speech Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multi-millionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule," the White House inserted in Ronald Reagan's biography in a box marked "Did you know?"
As of this writing, the photo has been shared over 10,000 times.
- White House marks death of Nelson Mandela with picture of Obama
- Obama marks Rosa Parks anniversary with picture of himself for second year
- Obama marks Rosa Parks anniversary with picture of himself
- Obama vandalizes White House presidential biographies to insert himself
- Poster at DNC convention calls Barack Obama 'prophesy fulfilled'
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 3: The cult of Barack Obama
- White House web site politicizes Mother's Day with card from Obamacare
- Conservatives express disgust after Obama calls himself eye candy on 'The View'
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.