Relax. There won’t be an amnesty of illegal aliens this year. Proving it, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid declared on January 19th, “There will be nothing done in my Senate ... without a pathway to citizenship.” Since most Americans oppose an amnesty that provides the gift of citizenship for what would be almost 40 million illegal aliens, this "poison pill" by Reid guarantees no amnesty will be passed.
There was never going to be an amnesty anyway, regardless of the multitudes of media pundits, pontificating politicians or Beltway NGOs revving up their printers to spew forth fundraising letters to support/oppose the coming amnesty.
Because, the truth is that nobody wants an amnesty.
First of all, a bureaucratic amnesty has already been declared by the Morton Memo and federal and state bureaucracies have rushed to validate it by bestowing grants and favors upon illegal aliens and are not enforcing immigration, employment or criminal laws (unless the criminal charge is particularly heinous) at the border or in the interior of the country;
Does anybody want an amnesty? No.
- Illegal aliens don’t want an amnesty. They just want to be able to live in America and work and consume like Americans. Anything short of being returned to whichever 3rd World hellhole they escaped from is fine with them. The Morton Memo protects them from deportation. Done.
- The churches and ethnic hustlers such as the Catholic Church and La Raza and the hundreds of local non-profits that minister to illegal aliens don’t want an amnesty. They would lose their tribal affiliated victim class that they use so effectively to raise millions of dollars annually for themselves.
- Democrats and Republicans in Congress don’t want to pass an amnesty because they would feel the wrath of the voters who do not want illegal aliens amnestied, especially if they become citizens.
- President Obama won’t do it by Executive Order because he doesn’t want an amnesty, either. And, an amnesty passed by congress would require Republican support in the House, for which there is a lot, and Obama would lose something with which he can use the race card to bash the Congressional Republicans in the 2014 mid-term elections while encouraging Hispanic turnout for Dems.
- Business doesn’t want an amnesty. They are getting exactly what they want now; a new consumer class to replace the aging Post WWII Baby Boomers who are rapidly exiting our consumer economy at a rate of over 10,000 a day. Additionally, business wants the borders left unsecured so that the illegal influx continues because illegal aliens are the perfect replacement consumers from business’ point of view. Illegal aliens come with nothing except the TV and movie images in their minds of how Americans live and consume. And, they want to live and consume just like we do. A perfect fit.
So, who really, truly, sincerely wants an amnesty of illegal aliens? NOBODY.
So, what’s this all about?
Talking about an amnesty gets them all what they want--the continued influx of people, legal, illegal, no matter. More people, more consumers. It's just that simple.
As the talk about the amnesty continues, it is reverberated through the echo chambers of both the English and Spanish speaking media in our country and around the world.
What they all want is what they get from talking about the coming amnesty; which is more illegal aliens coming to America believing that there is actually going to be an amnesty. All this amnesty talk is just a big, continuous commercial, an inducement and welcoming message to illegal aliens.
So, be prepared to be inundated with amnesty talk from pundits and politicians of varying intelligence and integrity. It's a charade. Nothing will happen, except that the numbers of illegal aliens will continue to grow by millions each year, respect for the rule of law will continue its declining trajectory and our country will experience a rapid mutation into a north American version of 3rd World corruption and cynicism.
And, *spoiler*; The cultural devolution is just for starters.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. Winston Churchill