The days when Hari Krishna acolytes hung out at airports may have ended, but a new legion of “the devout” has taken their place. You won’t find them at airport terminals, but you will virtually everywhere else if you live in D.C.
District of Columbia officials are recruiting young residents this weekend to enroll in ObamaCare by showing up where they ‘party by night and shop by day.’
Officials on Saturday visited two Footlocker stores where Nike’s exclusive Air Jordan 12 ‘Taxi’ sneakers were going on sale. And they are scheduled to visit two Denny’s restaurants from 2 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
‘My motto is ‘Get them health care while you get them Jordans,’ DC Health Links representative Vanessa Brooks told Fox News outside a Footlocker in the city’s downtown.
‘Get some health care to go along with them taxis, OK?’ Brooks told those at the store. ‘You got to have it. And you need it.’
The Obama administration and other supporters of the Affordable Care Act have worked hard since enrollment started in October to connect with young people, knowing their participation will help cover the cost of the elderly and others who need more medical care.
Well, isn’t that special? It’s bad enough that the Obama administration spent millions of taxpayer dollars on adorable ads like the one shown here. Having apparently decided that a passive approach was not winning over enough young, healthy hearts and minds to overcome adverse selection, the White House is now encouraging “community leaders” to get in the face of young uninsured.
- WH delayed enacting rules ahead of 2012 election to avoid controversy
- Health insurance in the Bizarro World
- Obamacare disinformation runs deep
- Poll: Public overwhelmingly rejects Obama proposed bailout of insurers
- The Life of Zoe
- True Confessions: ‘How Obamacare forced my mom to become a whore of the state’
- You screwed me over,’ says woman cited by Obama as Obamacare success story
- Obamacare success stories trumpeted in confused (and confusing) Rose Garden event
- Dems may begin calling for repeal if Obamacare’s problems don’t get fixed soon.
- 185 times more health plans canceled than selected on federal exchange
- One-third of Obamacare applications sent to insurers contain system generated errors
- Obamacare wipes out health insurance plans: Costs and deductibles rise for many
- Smoking gun: 2010 video of Obama admitting 8 to 9 million Americans will lose coverage under ACA