Golfers can start to get in the groove for the 2013 outdoor season this Saturday when the Ottawa Athletic Club’s Winter Golf School at 2525 Lancaster Rd. hosts an open house information session from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
"We have 16 of Canada's best golf teachers and six are bilingual," said Colin Orr, the school’s director. "Our members receive top instruction and have full access to state-of-the-art video, computer analysis and teaching aids. It’s a tried and true program that has a history of achieving amazing results for players from novice to accomplished."
Playing a big part in the overall learning process is the school’s seminar series. The pros show members how to improve by revealing tips and practice strategies that result in better scores.
The next seminar is slated to start at 7 p.m. on Jan. 22 when the focus will be on chipping and putting.
Membership with the OAC’s Winter Golf School includes:
- Unlimited ball hitting through April 30
- More than 70 hours per week of superior golf instruction from PGA of Canada certified teachers
- One-on-one personal assessment to get your winter practice plan started
- Full access to video, iPad and computer analysis with HD camera and LCD monitor
- Seminar series presented by PGA of Canada staff
- Ongoing written evaluation and coaching
- Custom Club Fitting – A full demo program with Ping, Taylor-Made, Adams and more
- Club Repair Area – Get your clubs re-gripped
- Launch Monitor Analysis – Test your own driver or try one of our demos on the launch monitor
- Access to all OAC spa facilities (sauna, steam room, whirlpool, swimming pool and towel service)
- TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) Certified Fitness Program
- iPad and V1 software for instant video analysis
- 12,000 sq. ft. PGA of Canada approved facility with 22 hitting stations
- 600 sq. ft. infield putting green
- Sand bunker and chipping area
- Open seven days a week
- New carpeting and mats
Setting up a practice plan includes:
- Fitness and Golf - Maximize your flexibility and swing strength
- Putting - Your fastest way to lower scores
- The Full Swing - Mastering long game basics
- Short Game Basics - A look at the chip, the pitch, the lob and the bump shot
- Taking it to the Course
- Fashion Show and Sale for Men and Women
- Golf Trip to Heritage Hills, Pennsylvania
- Members Only Demo Days
- End of Season Social
Orr added that golfers can check out the OAC’s Facebook wall on Mondays to look over weekly golf tips, and members of Executive Golf who join receive special pricing.
For more details or to register, call Orr at 613.523.4024 ex. 256 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.