The list has significantly changed since last season because of the promotion of Manny Machado, formerly one of the top five prospects in all of baseball, to the major league club.
While it helps the O's and is a sign of good things to come in Baltimore, it's a huge hit to the minor league system. It was top heavy to begin with, but now has lost one of it's main pieces. All is not lost, as Dylan Bundy remains in the minor leagues, Kevin Gausman was a great selection and Jonathan Schoop is high on the lists of many scouts.
1. Dylan Bundy - Dominant at Delmarva and really good at Frederick, Bundy continue to his ascent at Bowie and even saw a little bit of action in Baltimore. It's likely he will begin 2013 in Bowie and reach Baltimore by August.
2. Kevin Gausman - The start to his minor league career was similarly to that of Bundy's: dominant. He was quickly promoted from Delmarva to Frederick before finishing with Bowie and appears to be on the fast track to the majors.
3. Jonathan Schoop - He put up impressive power numbers for his age at Bowie, but his OPS wasn't as high as hoped. Another season at Bowie/Norfolk might do wonders for his game. He did impress in the Arizona Fall League, though that must be taken with a grain of salt.
4. L.J. Hoes - Moving from second base to left field hurt his stock because of his lack of power, but Hoes sports a high OBP and had an outstanding year for Norfolk. He could be a factor in Baltimore next season, either starting in the outfield or in a platoon/reserve role.
5. Xavier Avery - After receiving a couple of short stints in Baltimore, Avery finished the season on a disappointing note. While his average did drop, he put himself on the O's radar screen and could be trade bait. He could also end up following in Hoes' footsteps with regards to his role with the big league club.
6. Nick Delmonico - It was an up and down year for the Carolina League All-Star game MVP. He battled injuries and inconsistency but remains one of the club's top hitting prospects, although that might say more about the O's system than Delmonico's ability.
7. Mike Wright - Having steadily moved up through the minor leagues, Wright is putting himself on the map as one of the organization's top young pitchers. The O's thought enough of him to send him to the Arizona Fall League.
8. Brandon Kline - Despite being a reliever in college, the Orioles will give Kline a shot at starting after drafting him 2012. He is definitely a name to watch.
9. Torsten Boss - After leading his team in a number of offensive categories at Aberdeen, Boss received a late-season promotion to Frederick. There's no doubt he can rake, but can he be a quality defensive player?
10. Parker Bridwell - It was another disappointing season from Bridwell, who would have slipped out of the top 10 if not for some promotions of other prospects and the lack of depth in the O's system. Next year could be make-or-break for him.
11. Bobby Bundy - The elder Bundy really struggled at Bowie, though an arm injury that cut short his season may be to blame. In a strange way, the Orioles hope that is the case.
12. Clayton Schrader - Ticketed for the O's bullpen in the near future, Schrader could be nasty in relief if he can find a way to better command his pitches. Too many walks won't play well at the big league level.
13. Eduardo Rodriguez - A young reliever, Rodriguez has the stuff that could have him pitching out of the back end of the bullpen or maybe even in the starting rotation one day in Baltimore.
14. Tyler Townsend - Injuries continue to plague him, as does a high strikeout rate. However, he has plenty of power and plays a position that has been a tough spot for the O's to fill in recent years.
15. Johnny Ruettiger - He certainly doesn't have a lot of pop in his bat, but Ruettiger has the chance to carve out a career as a fourth outfielder if he can continue to get on base at a high clip. He will have to eventually fight with Hoes, Avery and others for a spot on the major league roster.
Other prospects considered: Adrian Marin, Josh Hader, Christian Walker, Mike Belfiore, Henry Urrutia, Tyler Wilson, Devin Jones, Michael Ohlman, Matt Price, Jason Esposito, Stu Pomeranz, Glynn Davis, Daniel Klein, Matt Hobgood, Mychal Givens, Brandon Cooney, Ryan Berry, Connor Narron, Trent Mummey, Brandon Waring, Tim Berry, Oliver Drake, Richard Zagone, Caleb Joseph, Ashur Tolliver