The newly formed Houston Dash ran through the streets of the NWSL on Friday, rummaging and pillaging teams in search of players to fill their roster. And when the dust settled over Expansion Draft 2014 all that was left were Portland Thorns FC supporters wildly weeping and Western New York Flash fans cheering the heavens.
Ok, so we're spreading it on a little thick. But have you seen the wailing and teeth-gnashing on social media? It’s "hide the baby" time!
Yet, at the end of the day, everyone still seemed to be standing upright, with little more than an orange-stained tear on their cheeks (hey, this stuff just writes itself).
So here’s how your Houston Dash fared in today’s feast (listed by selection order, along with the team they were plucked from):
1. Brittany Bock (Sky Blue FC)
2. Tiffany McCarty (Washington Spirit)
3. Lauren Sesselmann (FC Kansas City/Canadian allocated)
4. Meleana Shim (Portland Thorns FC)
5. Ella Masar (Chicago Red Stars)
6. Meghan Klingenberg (Boston Breakers/USA allocated)
7. Arianna Romero (Sky Blue FC/Mexican allocated)
8. Becky Edwards (Portland Thorns FC)
9. Danesha Adams (Sky Blue FC)
10. Gabriella Toulouse (Washington Spirit)
Earlier in the week, The NWSL assigned three National Team allocated players to the Dash: Jackie Acevedo (Mex), Whitney Engen (USA) and Melissa Tancredi (CAN). Houston then traded Tancredi to Chicago for Canadian Women's National goalkeeper, Erin McLeod.
The Dash will have the 2nd pick in the first-round as well as the 1st pick in the second, third and fourth-rounds of the College Draft.
Keep up with the ever-active NWSL by following @NWSL_Examiner on Twitter!