Enjoying a salad for lunch or with dinner is a healthy addition and great way to add fruits, vegetables, greens and nutrition to any meal. Strawberries for ages have been a popular fruit choice for ages due to its theuraputic properties. Spinach on the other hand contains a powerhouse of nutrients as well as one of the best sources for iron. So why not put these two ingredients together and make the most of your salad and enjoy its delicious flavor combination and benefit from all the healthy properties you’ll gain by enjoying this nutritious strawberry and spinach salad filled with greens that will change the love you have for salads.
- 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ of a small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 clove of garlic sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of slivered almonds
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup of Romaine lettuce chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the jam, vinegar, garlic, onion and olive oil into a medium sized bowl and whisk together.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sliced strawberries, spinach leaves, almonds and lettuce into the dressing and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a salad bowl and serve with dinner.
- A bag of mixed greens can be substituted in lieu of the Romaine lettuce and baby spinach leaves.
- Rinse the greens with cool water and eliminate the excess water before adding to the salad bowl.
- This salad is a nutritious side dish to any dinner as well as a great light and healthy lunch.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.