Last month, my appointment with a VR Counselor was set. This got my situation with NTI rolling. There were some bumps and potholes in the road. This tested my faith in that it put doubts in my head of whether to continue or not. It took a lot of faith to push onward. Below was a list of my activities on this issue:
- Set up a professional e-mail account. The one used by me was too confusing
- Update my resume. Preferred formats were: .PDF, .rft, .txt, .doc, or .docx. They never had a copy because of my not having been sure of my eligibility.
- Because my laptop and computer software were out of date, NTI sent me a list of General computer requirements
My progress with NTI
- January 4, Set up professional e-mail account,
- January 6 Resume rejected by NTI because of incorrect format. They needed .pdf, .rft, txt, .doc and docx Received a message from NTI Human Resources waiting for the judges reward ruling.
- January 7, Resume accepted by NTI
The biggest problems experienced at DARS was two-fold. In spite of spending $30 round trip by cab, DARS told me:
- They were only contacted after the personal interview. His secretary backed me up after my telling her there had to be an open and active case with a VR Counselor before NTI was able to do anything.
- Hearing that this whole process took up to three months to complete. One of the major hurdles was the release of my medical records from my primary doctor. He wouldn’t release my records without something current on file. This was something expected by me soon.
All this run around made me feel as Jonah did when he was swallowed by the whale in Jonah 1:17 (NIV) which said:
17 Now the Lord provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
In spite of my having gone through this procedure before with Texas Rehabilitation Commission, there was disobedience in my heart. It felt as my having started from the beginning 25 years later.
Romans 6:22-23 (NIV) said:
22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The next step was getting my medical records cleared. My VR Counselor contacted me if it was my doctor’s wish for me to have been seen before the release. My VR Counselor knew how hard he was on this organization, so it wasn’t only my three year gap between doctor visits, even though my disabilities hadn’t changed.
1Thessalonians 5:17 (KJV) said:
17 Pray without ceasing.
Here was the hope that things went well. Prayer kept this reader grounded.