The National Shooting Sports Foundation will bring the “Big City Tour” of its First Shots® program to 11 Atlanta area shooting ranges on Nov. 1-3. First Shots is designed to introduce prospective shooters to the sport of target shooting. There will be 77 NSSF® First Shots events during the three days. All events are FREE.
Firearms and ammunition will be provided. Each First Shots event is approximately three hours long and consists of both classroom and range time. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about and shoot .22 caliber revolvers and pistols. Certified instructors will teach and coach each First Shots seminar. Laws and regulations about firearm ownership will also be covered, as will the value of proper training and firearm safety.
The seminars are open to men and women 21 years of age and older. Shooters between 20 and the minimum age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
The Atlanta area shooting facilities that will host First Shots seminars are:
- Sandy Springs Gun Club in Sandy Springs.
- Stoddard's Range and Guns in Douglasville.
- Range, Guns & Safes, LLC near Spaghetti Junction
- Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna.
- Big Woods Goods in Canton.
- GA Firing Line in Marietta.
- Norcross Gun Club in Norcross.
- Sharpshooters USA in Roswell.
- Bulls Eye Marksman and Gun Club in Cumming.
- Atlanta Range and Ordnance in Newnan.
- Autrey's Armory, Inc. in Fayetteville
Space is limited. To register for the Atlanta area First Shots seminars visit First Shots Atlanta. Participants should wear closed-toe shoes and a shirt with a high neckline.
To automatically receive news of Atlanta Firearms related events and helpful shooting information, click the Subscribe button underneath Atlanta Firearms Examiner.