It's that most wonderful time of year...
The kids are back in school, you are back in the groove with your regular routine, and, Thanksgiving is closer than you want to believe. If you haven't already done so, now is the time to book your 2014 Thanksgiving travel arrangements. All predictions indicate that all forms of 2014 Thanksgiving travel will be up from 2013. This means demand is higher and supplies will be lower.
Current Sample Prices (Thanksgiving)
Here are some random sample airline prices as of August 25, 2014. Prices are based on non-stop flights, and, departing Wednesday, November 26, 2014 with a Sunday, November, 2014 return.
- Salt Lake City to Orlando (Round Trip) prices begin at $686 per person
- Salt Lake City to Boston (Round Trip) prices begin at $611 per person
- Salt Lake City to Dallas (DFW) round-trip, prices begin at $533 per person
- Salt Lake City to Chicago (O'Hare) round-trip, prices begin at $485 per person
- Salt Lake City to Los Angeles (Round Trip) prices begin at $289 per person
Don't forget! Many airlines now charge for your luggage (click the link for a baggage fee chart provided by Kayak.com): http://www.kayak.com/airline-fees You may want to consult with your carrier to confirm current prices.
The Waiting Game
People often play the waiting game in hope that they will snag a great price at the last minute. However, the waiting game can be dangerous if played during the holiday season. Airlines know they will sell all their seats and (very frankly) they know they do not need your business. Instead of paying rock bottom prices by waiting, during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, you'll be spending more.