November can be a busy time as we prepare for the holiday season ahead. This is also a great time to look at the upcoming career fairs and job opportunities in San Antonio. Some openings are due to the seasonal job market and other jobs are for permanent hiring. Check the dates belong to see what fits into your calendar.
1. Nov. 5th Tuesday, Conn's Call Center is hiring collection specialists at their Open House Job Fair. It will be held at 5776 Stemmons Drive (near Loop 410 and Bandera) from 9am to 4pm. Job openings are for full and part time positions. Pay starts at $13.50/hr plus other benefits.
2. Nov. 4th and 5th, (Monday and Tuesday, from 2pm to 6pm) Chart House & Tower of the Americas is having a Job Fair at 601 Tower of the Americas. They are looking for servers and bartenders, cooks and hostesses plus staffing for park operations.
3. Nov. 6th Weds, School Bus Driver Job Fair for the Northside Independent School District will be held from 9am to 1pm at the Culebra Transportation Station at 7001 Culebra Road. Starting pay is $11.97/hr and you must complete an application online before attending the job fair so check the link above for more details.
4. Nov 15th Friday, Goodwill Retail Job Fair will be held at 3730 North Loop 1604 East at Bulverde Road. This event is from 10am to 2pm and positions include, cashiers, store managers, assistants in both full and part time job. Starting wage of $9.50/hr plus other benefits. If you can not attend, submit your resume to email@example.com
5. Nov. 20 Weds is SalesTrax Career Fair from 9am to 1pm to be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel near the airport. The location is 10100 Highway 281 N and you can pre-register for the event with the link above. Dress professionally and bring 10 or more copies of your resume since hiring managers will be onsite conducting interviews. Some of the industries participating include consumer sales, financial services and pharmaceutical sales. A list of the recruiting companies will be available on the site above.
Job fairs are a great way to review a variety of openings or companies at one time and place.
Good luck to all job seekers.
For the latest business news and local events, click on the subscribe button above and you will receive an email alert when the next article is released.