The autumn air may be brisk, but Badger State runners are even zippier, as November’s second Saturday brings a bunch of competitive races and fun runs to the region.
Here’s the lineup of top runs for Saturday, November 9th.
These plentiful Wisconsin and nearby running events are listed alphabetically, for easy reference.
- Brooks CC Border War – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Buck Rut Zombie Run 5K – Minocqua, Wisconsin
- Chicago’s Perfect 10 – Chicago, Illinois
- Chick-uamegon Women's Only 5K/10K – Ashland, Wisconsin
- Decide. Commit. Succeed. 5K Racing Series - Turkey Trot – New Richmond, Wisconsin
- Evil Smiley’s Veterans Day 5K/10K – Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
- Fall Girls on the Run 5K – Waunakee, Wisconsin
- Girls on the Run 5K – Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Hungry 4 Some Supper Myself 5K/10K Walk/Run – Baraboo, Wisconsin
- Icebox 480 – River Falls, Wisconsin
- Janesville Turkey Trot – Janesville, Wisconsin
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk Fox Cities – Menasha, Wisconsin
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk Janesville – Janesville, Wisconsin
- Lace Up for Orphans 5K / 1M Walk – Hartland, Wisconsin
- Mo Run – Chicago, Illinois
- President's 5K Run/Walk – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Puzzled Run for Autism - LaCrosse, Wisconsin
- R U Chicken Trail Run & Relay Race – Arcadia, Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin – River Falls Turkey Trot– River Falls, Wisconsin
- Warrior 5K...Through the Park – West Allis, Wisconsin
Dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. As always, participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.