It’s not too late. With two days to go until Valentine’s Day, you still have time to give the ultimate expression of your devotion by presenting your loved one with a replica of your head made out of pure chocolate.
Reuters has the skinny:
Chocolate hearts for loved ones on Valentine's Day are so last year --- at least in Japan where one Tokyo design firm offered up its 3D scanner to make miniature chocolate replicas of faces.
In a one-off celebration for Valentine's Day, KS Design Lab invited people to be scanned with its 3D body scanner to create silicon moulds in the shape of their heads. Participants then poured chocolate into them to make mini-me treats on a stick.
‘I didn't actually think it would turn out to look this much like me, so I'm a bit surprised,’ said Mariya Kawae, 30, who planned to give out heads to her husband and work mates.
The finished heads are roughly 3 cm (1.2 inches) in length and are mounted on a lollipop stick for “handy eating.”
It the idea of having your head shrunk and/or on a pike is off-putting, the website candyaddict sells an anatomically correct chocolate human heart. And the website Chocolate Fantasies has your number if you are seeking a more intimate body part cast in chocolate.
- Chinese investigative journalists mistake sex toy for rare mushroom
- For the palate that’s had everything: Breast milk ice cream
- From brassiere to brasserie: "Human" cheese at Klee
- Squid squirts sperm into restaurant patron’s mouth
- Celebrate spring with urine-soaked eggs, a delicacy in China
- Bugs: The OTHER other white meat