Nacho cheese is tasty and the first choice for children when it comes to dipping chips, veggies and crackers at a party or when snacking during family movie night. Making homemade nacho cheese sauce is so easy you will wonder why you haven’t tried doing it yourself before this. A few little ingredients and you can make it mild or spicy depending upon your tastes.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 16 ounces of cheddar cheese
- In a sauce pan under a medium to low flame melt the butter and flour together for about 4 minutes or until the sauce gets thickened.
- Then add the milk and cheese to the pan stirring constantly until the cheese is completely melted which can take 8-10 minutes.
- Once the nacho cheese sauce is heated thoroughly transfer it to dipping dishes and serve warm.
- For a spicy recipe mince 4 jalapenos and add them at the same time the milk and cheese is added to the pan.
- Serve with chips, crackers and sliced veggies.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: