Lunch On Main owner Adam Easterling.
Photo by Rose Alcorn.
LUNCH ON MAIN
633 Main Street
Open 10 A.M.-3 P.M., Mon-Fri
The newly-opened restaurant (January 20, 2010) features interesting sandwiches, salads, and soups ranging from $5.00 - $6.50. For an additional $2, any sandwich order can be made a combo (with chips and drink). A Lenten $5 Tuna Melt special is tuna salad with melted Vermont cheese, lettuce and tomato on toasted white bread. Lunch on Main uses Boar’s Head meats and cheeses. Several vegan/ovo-lacto vegetarian sandwiches are also featured.
Owner Adam Easterling said The Main has been the most popular sandwich so far. He opened Lunch on Main because he's always wanted to own a restaurant, and is interested in the revitalization of Cincinnati's downtown. Easterling's prior hospitality experience includes managing Fat Shannon's pub in Covington.
Lunch on Main has table seating in a cozy, brick-walled space. Big screen plasma television is viewable from front tables, and typically tuned to ESPN. Free Wi-Fi is available.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Lunch on Main Menu (as of March 2010)
Sandwiches ($6.50; chips and drink, add $2)
- Bleu Bison - Buffalo-seasoned chicken breast salad, with bleu cheese, celery, carrots, lettuce, onion, on toasted multi-grain bread.
- The Italian - Capocollo, genoa salami, prosiutto, provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion, pesto, mayo, garlic vinaigrette, on baguette.
- Cincinnati Reuben - Shaved corned beef, lettuce, BBQ chips, cheddar, homemade coleslaw, on toasted multi-grain bread.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu - Roast chicken, Bavarian ham, imported Swiss cheese, lettuce, and dijonnaise on a flaky toasted croissant.
- The Red Meat - Tender roast beef, smoked gouda, onion, alfalfa sprouts, horseradish-scallion sauce, on French baguette.
- Choked Turkey - Black Forest turkey, fontina, homemade spinach-artichoke spread, lettuce, tomato, onion, on toasted wheat bread.
- The Main - Hot pastrami, imported Swiss cheese, red onion marmalade, raosted fennel, and pepper gourmaise sauce on toasted wheat bread.
- Portabella (vegetarian) - Oven-roasted portabella, roasted red pepper, lettuce, tomato, onion, with boursin spread, on toasted multi-grain bread.
- The Caprice (vegetarian) - Sliced tomato, buffalo mozzarella, basil, balsamic reduction, lettuce, mayo, on toasted multi-grain.
- House - Spring mix, blueberries, candied pecans, bleu cheese.
- Greek - Spring mix, kalamata olives, pepperoncini, tomato, cucumber, feta cheese.
Soups - "Ever-changing, so call for our current fare!"