Baby boomers remember growing up to countless special offers for super good toys that required sending specially marked box tops to Kellogg’s in Battle Creek, Mich. The marketing geniuses at Kellogg’s even came up with a jingle that still rings in the boomer’s minds today. “K-E-double L-O-double good, Kellogg’s best to you”.
But marketing at the Michigan cereal maker have not always been successful. As the company went global with their day-starting nourishment they made a key mistake. The cereal Bran Buds made by Kellogg’s, was introduced to Sweden and soon had to undergo an important a name change. To find out how it translates, click here.
This naming faux pas is one of a series from Rochester Hills, Mich., based Max Impact. Their website offers a bounty of complimentary information to aid entrepreneurs and human resources specialists in building teamwork, business leadership and business strategy. This is an excerpt from their website.
© Max Impact, used by permission.
Marketing by the numbers
- 10 Marketing Secrets All Business Owners Must Know that coaches and marketing experts won't tell you!
- 15 Marketing Trends In 2013, and how your business can use them.
- 57 Hot Business Marketing Strategies: offline and online marketing techniques, tips and tricks from successful entrepreneurs
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: essential advice, hints and strategy for business about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and more!
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.