Sometimes the family and friends of seniors who need support to stay home feel reluctant or guilty about considering respite care. They worry they are failing at providing the best care when they hire someone else, or fear that they can’t trust hired care providers to be compassionate and have the training required.
Comfort Keepers offers residents of the Traverse City and Petoskey area caregivers who have passed a rigorous screening process that includes nationwide and state background checks as well as a comprehensive training program. Many of the more than 180 caregivers have been on staff for more than five years; and client testimonials attest to the high level of care provided.
If your loved one has Alzheimer’s, dementia, a chronic disease or a debilitating condition that requires specialized care, Comfort Keepers can help with properly- trained support from exceptional caregivers.
Here are some reasons to consider the best Northern MI respite care:
• Caring for a loved one is the ultimate act of love, but no one should have to work 24/7 without a break. Is there any other profession or situation where constant care with no relief is considered the best solution? Of course not. All caring professionals get time off.
• Making time for you is healthy. Caregiving is extremely demanding, and seeking help does not mean you are not successful. Taking a break lets you rest, recharge, spend time with other friends and family, or run errands without worry.
• Arranging for regular respite care lets your loved one develop a bond with another care provider, which can be important in the event of an emergency or other unexpected situation. Should you ever have to be away for surgery, illness, or a special occasion like a family wedding, you can rest assured your loved one will have seamless care provided by someone familiar with the routine. This is especially important in the case of dementia because sudden changes in routine can be very upsetting.
• Care from a highly-trained professional will benefit your loved one. Comfort Keepers provides highly-skilled, compassionate caregivers who will work with your family to keep your loved one happy and healthy at home.
• Respite care can be tailored to meet your needs. Whether you want regularly-scheduled companionship and interesting activities for your loved one, help with personal care like assisted bathing or exercises, skilled medical support services, or maybe just homemaking assistance, Comfort Keepers is there. In-home respite care can be scheduled for a few hours a week, once a month, overnight, on weekends, or while you are away.
• As the best caregiver for your loved one, you need to look after your own emotional and physical health. You need to ensure you get adequate rest, exercise, and visits to your own doctor. Respite care lets you recharge allowing you to cope with the daily stresses and challenges of caring giving. If you want to provide care long-term, you need to make sure you don’t suffer burnout.
Considering hiring Northern MI respite care? Contact Comfort Keepers for dependable, compassionate, and fully-qualified caregivers who can help give you the break you need.