The 2013 Nemo blizzard is threatening to bring more than two feet of snow and gale-force winds to much of the Northeast on Feb. 8, 2013, forcing massive airline delays and flight cancelations on Friday.
More than 2,400 flights have already been canceled. Airlines including Southwest Airlines, Jet Blue, American Airlines, US Airways, Delta Airlines are posting delays, cancellations, and ticket change policies for flights in and out of Boston Logan, T.F. Green, Laguardia and JFK airports.
It is important to check with your airline for the latest information on cancelations and delays during the snowstorm. Change fees have been waived by most airlines due to the massive snowfall amounts expected during Winter Storm Nemo.
- The airline will waive change and cancelation fees for customers traveling Friday, Feb. 8 through Sunday, Feb. 10, to and from the following cities: Boston (BOS), Buffalo, NY (BUF), Hartford, CT (BDL), Newburgh (SWF), Newark, NJ (EWR), John F. Kennedy (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA), Westchester County (HPN), Portland, ME (PWM), Providence, RI (PVD), Rochester, NY (ROC), and Syracuse, NY (SYR).
- Please check the status of your flight online prior to leaving for the airport. Customers with smartphones may check the status of their flight at mobile.jetblue.com.
- If your flight is canceled or significantly delayed, you can get a refund. During the storm, you may make a one-time change to your ticket without fee if you are scheduled to travel to, from, or through these destinations between Feb. 8 and 10, 2013.
- Check flight status frequently for up-to-the-minute info about your flight plans, or get updates sent directly to your wireless device or email with Delta Messenger.
- Change fee policies have been "relaxed" if you book the same origin and destination and are scheduled to travel on Feb. 8 or 9. Your travel date may be changed to travel on Feb. 7, 10, 11 or 12. See the list of cities affected and flight information here.
- Many flights are expected to be canceled on Feb. 8 and 9, 2013. Flights could also be delayed or diverted, so check frequently for the latest updates on Southwest.com.
- The following locations are affected: Albany (ALB), Boston Logan (BOS), Buffalo/Niagara (BUF), Detroit (DTW), Hartford (BDL), Long Island (ISP), Manchester (MHT), Newark (EWR), New York (LaGuardia) (LGA), and Providence (PVD)
- Customers ticketed on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection flights Feb. 8 and 9 to, from, or through the cities listed here may change flights without penalty, have the ticket-reissue charge waived for one ticket change, and begin travel Feb. 7-12 under American's current travel waiver. More information here.
Airport Contact Information:
- Check the TF Greene Airport home page for all flight arrivals, departures, cancellations and delays.
- Find flight information for Logan Airport, Boston here.
- Check for flight delays and cancellations at NY's Laguardia Airport here and JFK Airport here.
More Storm Information
- Snowfall Totals: NOAA predicts massive snowfall totals in Northeast
- Check for the latest airline delays, flight cancellation information here
- Check for AMTRAK cancellations and delays here
- Check the school closings list for RI, CT, MA, NY, NJ here