A motor coach will leave the Historical Society headquarters in Watertown at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 6, for a 78-mile journey that will include tasting stops at five wineries. They are:
- Tug Hill Winery, near Lowville in Lewis County.
- Otter Creek Winery near Philadelphia, the newest winery on the tour.
- Venditti Winery on New Connecticut Road outside Theresa.
- Thousand Islands Winery, near the St. Lawrence River, which in 2009 was named New York State’s "Winery of the Year.”
- Coyote Moon Vineyards, near Clayton, is the final stop before the group returns to Watertown with an expected arrival of 6:15 p.m.
Reservations are $85 for JCHS members, $89 for non-members. The fee includes a $15 donation to the Historical Society. Reservation deadline is Friday, October 25. Phone: (315) 782-3491 or (315) 782-8105. The headquarters is located at 228 Washington Street in Watertown.