Nonprofit Connect will host a three-day Volunteer Management Institute (VMI) on April 23 through April 25. The workshop takes place at Nonprofit Connect, located at 125 East 31st Street, Kansas City, MO, in the Community Room, KCPT Building.
VMI is an intensive certification program that provides training in the core concepts of volunteer management. Although this is not an academic certificate, the training offered as part of the program is designed to sharpen and develop the skills of anyone involved in the important task of volunteer management for a nonprofit organization.
The workshop would be valuable for the seasoned veteran wanting to brush up on the basics, or the novice volunteer manager just learning the ropes. Attendance at all sessions is required for certification:
- April 23: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- April 24: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- April 25: 8:30 a.m. - Noon
Workshop topics include:
- Developing a volunteer program
- Recruiting volunteers
- Volunteer training
- Volunteer support, supervision, retention
- Volunteer motivation and recognition
- Risk management
Workshop fees are:
- Organization-level members of Nonprofit Connect: $250 per person
- Individual members of Nonprofit Connect: $300 per person
- Nonmembers: $400 per person
Fees include all materials, meals and snacks. Pre-registration is required. Cancellations must be received three business days prior to the start of VMI in order to receive a refund.