"No matter the length of service, board members often feel under-prepared to take on the wide range of new responsibilities when assuming the role of board chair," explains Nonprofit Connect. Therefore, the Boot Camp is designed to provide attendees a head start on successfully fulfilling their crucial Board role.
Participants will leave the session with a solid grasp of skills and behaviors needed to become highly effective in their role as board chairs. Course content focuses on these key areas:
- the fundamentals of board service
- board policy
- board structure
- leading effective meetings
- leveraging contacts within the community
- evaluating staff and board
- succession planning
- the board chair/executive director relationship
Boot Camp/Workshop presenters will be:
- Debra Box. Executive Director Support Kansas City, Inc.
- Ann Zimmerman, Industry Coordinator, KC STEM Alliance
The cost to attend is $80 for Nonprofit Connect members and $125 for non-members/general admission.