The KC Chamber is looking for a Champion of Diversity. This is a regional company that demonstrates a durable commitment to diversity in their workforce and in the community, serving as an example for other businesses on how to support diversity. One company will receive the Champion of Diversity Award at the POWER of Diversity Breakfast on July 29.
- Nominations are open through Wednesday, June 25. Check out the criteria and nominate your Champion of Diversity here.
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce (KC Chamber) Ace Awards showcase Kansas City as a vital market for diverse professionals to launch and build meaningful careers. The Ace Awards recognize culturally diverse mid-to-senior level managers who are achieving excellence, having an impact that exceeds expectations for their employer and the company’s bottom line.
Do you know an Ace or two? Give them the visibility and recognition they deserve by nominating them for the KC Chamber Ace Awards. Three people will receive Ace Awards at the POWER of Diversity Breakfast on July 29. C-level executives may submit nominations but are not eligible to receive the award.
- Nominations are open through Wednesday, June 25. Check out the criteria and nominate your Ace here.
On Tuesday, July 29, the POWER of Diversity Breakfast will feature an in-depth panel discussion, moderated by Nick Haines of KCPT Channel 19, on the State of Diversity in Kansas City. Hear challenges, best practices and strategies, next steps, and opportunities from:
- Terry Bassham, Chairman and CEO, Great Plains Energy and KCP&L
- Gwendolyn Grant, CEO, Urban League of Greater Kansas City
- Ramon Murguia, Chairman, Hispanic Development Fund
- Maurice Watson, Chairman, Husch Blackwell