The Kansas City Business Journal is looking for those businesspeople - entrepreneurs, executives, professionals - for its NextGen Leaders awards program, which is designed to recognize the budding talent in Kansas City metro.
The awards program's objectives also include helping emerging leaders continue to build their knowledge and skill sets, and to connect them with each other and the present generation of Kansas City leaders.
A panel of judges will select 25 NextGen Leaders based on their:
As with the publication's successful Women Who Mean Business awards program, the aim is to add another talented class each year and build a framework in which emerging leaders can learn, share and build a network of fellow NextGen Leaders.
- The awards program kicks off with the online nomination process, which will remain open until March 15.
- The nominee will then be asked to submit an application, which a panel of judges will review.
- After the judges make their selections, the first class of NextGen Leaders will be announced.
- The NextGen Leaders will be featured in a supplement to the Business Journal and recognized at a private luncheon in their honor.
- Nominee must have direct reports and/or P&L responsibility.
- NextGen Leader nominees must live and work in the Kansas City metropolitan area (Jackson, Cass, Clay, Ray, Platte counties in Missouri; and Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth counties.