This coming Sunday, Jan 13, 2013, marks the twelfth annual "No Pants Subway Ride". A day of having fun riding the subway without worry of what to wear, or not wear, below the waste. A perfect day to show off the pretty undies and new shoes.
It all began in 2002 by Improv Everywhere, at the time it was a comedy group of seven guys looking to have some fun and share laughs and joy riding the subway in New York City. The annual event has grown to thousands of participants in cities around the world.
The "No Pants Subway Ride" invites all to join in.
There are three simple requirements to meet to join in the fun event.
- Make sure that you have the subway fare.
- You must be willing to remove your pants, or skirt, on the subway.
- The hardest requirement is that you will have to keep a straight face during the event.
Size and age do not matter so bring the entire family for a fun ride.
- The New York event will take place at six meeting spots around the city. Complete details can be found on the website.
- Check out the cities around the world that are participating.
From the first seven participants in 2002 riding a train with their pants dropped, the event last year had a count of over 4000 people joining in the fun.
Like all of the other "flash mob" events, participants join in acting as if they do not know each other surprising the unknowing audience as pants are removed and the reactions turn to laughter and perhaps a few more people joining in with the crowd.
Turn a boring Sunday into a fun day with smiles and fun making new friends by joining this fun event. Life is meant to enjoy. Remember to never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.