We all want to eat at clean, well inspected restaurants. No one wants to get sick after enjoying a restaurant meal. One thing you can do to ensure that your dining experience is a good one is to check out which restaurants aren’t making the grade according to the County. It is easy to do. Just go to their website at www.maricopa.gov.
Once there, go to Restaurant Ratings, type in the restaurant you would like to check out and you’re on your way!
Here are a few restaurants in the Valley with the highest violation rates in the last month:
- Courthouse Cafe, 111 W. Monroe St., Phoenix: 5 violations
- Eli's American Grille, 7000 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale: 5 violations
- Genghis Grill, 7350 W. Bell Rd., Glendale: 5 violations
- Thai Cuisine, 12032 N. Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix: 6 violations
- Salsitas, 1501 N. 43rd Ave., Phoenix: 6 violations
These restaurants have time to take care of their violations and bring conditions up to code before facing additional action. The key here is to look for repeat offenders. These may be establishments that you, as a diner, want to steer clear of when deciding where to go.
All it takes is a little homework before stepping out to ensure that your dining experience will be a good one. Here’s to good food (and clean kitchens and restrooms too), and no flies in your soup.