Skip to main content
  1. Life
  2. Society & Culture
  3. Social Issues

No charges filed against man who beat accused child molester

See also

No charges were filed against a 35-year-old man this weekend after he used his fists and feet to beat a man he says was molesting his 11-year-old son in his Florida home.

The unidentified man told police he walked in on 18-year-old Raymond Frolander, of Daytona Beach, sexually abusing the boy Friday, July 18. Minutes later, the man began kicking and punching knots on Frolander's head and face, knocking him unconscious, Newsday.com reported.

After working Frolander over with everything he had, the father dragged him to the living room, laid him out on the floor and called 911.

“He is nice and knocked out on the floor for you,” the man told the dispatcher. “Send an ambulance. He is going to need one.”

When police arrived, the father detailed the beating he gave Frolander and said he did what he had the right to do. Police agreed, crediting the man with protecting his son.

“Dad was acting like a dad,” Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood said. ” I don’t see anything we should charge the dad with. You have an 18-year-old who has clearly picked his target, groomed his target and had sex with the victim multiple times.”

Police say Frolander, when he finally came to, realized his days as a sexual predator were over, telling investigators, “I’m guilty.”

According to reports, Frolander had been allegedly abusing the boy for a couple years while they were alone. The boy told police he didn’t report it because he was afraid Frolander would hurt him. Frolander lives next door to the victim.

“I knew what was going on, and I did what I had a right to, except I didn’t kill him,” the father said. “You are damn lucky, boy, that I love my God.”

Frolander is being held without bail on charges of sexual battery on a child younger than 12.

Advertisement