All the schools in the Harrisburg area are out for summer. Make these no bake cookies with kids. Let them follow the directions and do all the measuring. Watch them carefully at the stove, or if they're not old enough, do the cooking part for them.
Use one of our local Hershey or Wilbur cocoas for this summer treat.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups rolled oats (uncooked)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa.
- Turn heat to medium high. Bring to a boil, and continue boiling for one minute. Keep stirring gently with a wooden spoon
- Take pan off of heat. After a minute, add the vanilla, peanut butter, and oatmeal. Mix all of the ingredients quite well, so everything is evenly distributed.
- Scoop up the mixture by heaping teaspoons. Drop onto sheets of waxed paper.
- Let the no bake cookies cool completely before eating them.