The 2014 NIT Tournament live stream and TV schedule continues tonight with seven games on the docket, including the No. 1 overall seed SMU. Still smarting after being snubbed by the NCAA Tournament committee, the Mustangs should come out with a chip on their shoulder tonight vs California-Irvine. Yesterday's NIT action saw most of the favorites win, except for one major upset.
According to a North Jersey report on March 19, the biggest underdog in the NIT Tournament, Robert Morris upset St. John's yesterday by the final score of 89-79, The final score doesn't indicate what a blow out this game really was as Robert Morris was in control from the opening tip.
Robert Morris never trailed in the game and they led by as much as 25 points in the first half. These guys know how to relish the underdog role well. Last season Robert Morris shocked the Kentucky Wildcats in the first round of the NIT tourney. After knocking off the Red Storm on the road last night, those kids must be beaming with confidence.
The other upset last night was Belmont knocking off Green Bay 80-65. Green Bay was a 7 point favorite and was expected by many to advance to the round of 16.
Tonight's schedule will feature several marquee match-ups including Illinois vs. Boston University and SMU vs. California-Irvine. Below is the complete schedule for tonight's action along with the Vegas odds, TV and online viewing information.
- No. 2 Illinois (-2) vs. No. 7 Boston University — 7:00 p.m. — ESPN2
- No. 3 Louisiana Tech (-7) vs. No. 6 Iona — 7:30 p.m. — ESPN3
- No. 2 Georgia (-5) vs. No. 7 Vermont — 8:00 p.m. — ESPNU
- No. 3 Southern Miss (-7) vs. No. 6 Toledo — 8:30 p.m. — ESPN3
- No. 1 SMU (-9) vs. No. 8 California-Irvine — 9:00 p.m. — ESPN2
- No. 4 San Francisco (-2) vs. No. 5 LSU —10:00 p.m. — ESPNU
- No. 2 California (-12) vs. No. 7 Utah Valley — 10:30 p.m. — ESPN3