On April 3, 2014, BR reported that the 2014 NIT Championship Game between SMU and Minnesota would be streaming live on ESPN3 and broadcast nationally on ESPN beginning at (TV schedule) 7 p.m. EST (6 p.m. CST/5 p.m. MST/4 p.m. PST) from Madison Square Garden in New York, N.Y.
This year, it will be the (24-13) Minnesota Golden Gophers and the (27-9) SMU Mustangs going head to head, two teams many observers consider were good enough to play in the 2014 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
According to Bleacher Report’s prediction experts, SMU is projected to defeat Minnesota by a final score of 71-66. But, how do you think Las Vegas oddsmakers see this one playing out? We will take a look at the latest point spreads for the NIT Championship 2014, as well as some interesting statistics for tonight’s showdown.
For starters, NIT Tournament 2014 oddsmakers list the SMU Mustangs as -3-point favorites against the Minnesota Golden Gophers [+3] and the OVER/UNDER equals 132½ points. And finally, straight-up betting lines have SMU valued at -160 and Minnesota at +140.
ATS Action Prior to ESPN TV Schedule Game Time
- Minnesota spread: 39 percent.
- MSU spread: 61 percent.
- OVER wagers: 434 units.
- UNDER wagers: 353 units.
Trends Prior to NIT Championship 2014 Live Stream
- Mustangs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 non-conference games.
- Mustangs are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games following a straight-up win.
- Mustangs are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games against teams with winning percentages higher than .600.
- Golden Gophers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday games.
- Golden Gophers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight-up win.
- Golden Gophers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
Don't miss what is sure to be a very exciting finish to the 2014 NIT Tournament between the Minnesota Golden Gophers and the SMU Mustangs. Watch the TV broadcast beginning at 7 p.m. EST on ESPN or click here to view the free live stream on a desktop and a number of Internet mobile devices.