With approximately 1000 employees and over 6000 students, changes within the Nacogdoches school system will certainly have widespread and far-reaching effects in the whole community. Everyone is invited to attend an important meeting to learn more about possibilities being discussed, such as:
• Closing Nettie Marshall elementary school
• Rebuilding Carpenter elementary school at the same location
• Increasing safety features at the high school;
• Building a new elementary school on the north side of Nacogdoches
• Upgrading the high school stadium bleachers;
• Building a track suitable for hosting UIL meets;
• Addressing long-term needs for HVAC systems and heat and smoke detectors across the district; and
• Building bathrooms and bleachers for McMichael Middle School’s football field.
You can find out more details and see plans being considered at a meeting at the Nacogdoches High School on Thursday, January 30, at 6:00 p.m.
This is a free meeting and everyone is encouraged to attend.
The quality of a local school district affects everyone in the community - students, parents, employers and others. We urge you to make time in your school to prioritize attendance at this important meeting.