Just to the south of Springfield, Connecticut houses a treasure trove of entrepreneurship. Today, March 31, online magazine and community-building platform The Whiteboard announced the launch of The Whiteboard Startup Roadshow to profile top entrepreneurs and startups around the state.
Starting tomorrow, April 1 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at The Grove Annex at 300 State Street in New Haven, The Whiteboard Startup Roadshow will visit nine locations around Connecticut, including Hartford. Top entrepreneurs will be profiled, and The Whiteboard Startup Roadshow will also offer reasons why entrepreneurs should flock to the state.
Tomorrow’s The Whiteboard Startup Roadshow has a slate of successful Connecticut entrepreneurs lined up, including:
- Ned Gannon, CEO of eBrevia, based in Stamford
- Dave Marcoux, CEO of Hartford Denim Company, a downtown Hartford sensation that has caught the eye of Timberland and other major retailers
- Mallory Kievman, CEO and 15 year-old inventor of Hiccupops
- Kate Harrison, CEO of Green Life Guides and founder of GreenBrideGuide.com
“What we have found is that there are pockets of innovation all over the state,” said Suzi Craig, Director of Community Development with Independent Software, in a press release. “The purpose of the roadshow is to unearth the stories, entrepreneurs and startups around the state and shed light on the innovators that create jobs, launch new products and technologies and inspire the communities they live in.”
From April to December 2014, The Whiteboard Startup Roadshow will make stops in different areas of Connecticut each month, hosting events open to the public and providing opportunities for local entrepreneurs to gather and network.
The upcoming roadshow calendar includes:
- April: Stamford-Greenwich-South Norwalk
- May: Hartford-Manchester
- June: New Haven
- July: Bridgeport-Fairfield
- August: New London-Norwich
- September: Storrs-Windham
- October: Danbury-Waterbury
- November: Middletown-Meriden
- December: Torrington and wrap-up party
The Whiteboard and The Whiteboard Startup Roadshow are powered by Independent Software, a New Haven-based software development firm specializing in applications for entrepreneurs. Tickets for The Whiteboard Startup Roadshow in New Haven can be purchased on EventBrite.