America’s 401 national parks will offer free admission on nine days in 2014, including the upcoming Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday on Monday, January 20th.
Other free admission days on the 2014 schedule include February 15th through 17th (Presidents Day weekend), April 19th and 20th (National Park Week opening weekend), August 25th (National Park Service Birthday), September 27th (National Public Lands Day) and November 11th (Veterans Day).
The following national parks are within 200 miles of the Buffalo area:
· Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site – located at 641 Delaware Ave. in Buffalo
· Women’s Rights National Historic Park – located in Seneca Falls, NY
· James A. Garfield National Historic Site – located in Mentor, Ohio
· Fort Stanwix National Monument – located in Rome, NY
· Allegheny Portage Railroad National Historic Site – located in Gallitzin, PA
· David Berger National Memorial – located in Beachwood, Ohio
· Johnstown Flood National Memorial – located in South Fork, PA
· Cuyahoga Valley National Park – located in Cleveland and Akron, Ohio
· Steamtown National Historic Site – located in Scranton, PA
Find out more about the National Parks Service at www.nps.org.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com