The Nielsen Company, based in Chicago, is the world's leading marketing and media information provider. Yesterday, it was announced that the company was launching “You Matter,” a campaign that highlights how ethnic communities are impacted by Nielsen's measuring abilities in categories such as shopping and media usage.
According to the press release;
The multicultural campaign—targeting African-American, Hispanic and Asian consumers—focuses on four Nielsen measurement services: consumer purchases, online, mobile and television. It features an ethnically-specific media mix of print ads, radio spots, mobile and online messages. “You Matter” was created by three multicultural advertising agencies: lead agency Chicago-based Beaman Inc.; Los Angeles-based PanCom International and The Phelps Group (formerly Anita Santiago Advertising).
As cultures vary greatly in tradition and values, the effort will show the importance of reaching audiences using diverse methods on a culture by culture basis.
“Not all cultures are the same, and our 2010 advertising campaign reflects the importance of varying tactics to best reach a specific audience. That’s why we’re incorporating calling cards to reach Latinos, working with Steve Harvey and Tom Joyner to reach African Americans, and using a series of fractional ads in national publications to reach Asian and Pacific Islanders, “ says Cheryl Pearson-McNeil, senior vice president of Public Affairs and Government Relations.
Campaign highlights include:
- 30 second radio spots that pinpoint interesting facts from Nielsen that will play on national, syndicated Hispanic and African-American radio programs
- Nielsen insights shared on Maria Marin’s “Viva su Vida Sin Límites” and Andres Cantor’s, “Fútbol de Primera”
- Audience contests, inspired by the Nielsen data vignettes, on “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” and “The Tom Joyner Morning Show”
- Grand prize winners will receive free airfare, hotel accommodations and admission to the shows’ signature annual events such as the 2010 Hoodie Awards and The Tom Joyner Black Family Reunion
- Digital banner ad “pop-quiz” campaign on Asian-American news media sites such as WorldJournal.com, ReDiff.com and KoreaDaily.com
The "You Matter" campaign will launch in various stages by May of 2010.