On Oct. 18, Nicollette Sheridan was told her "Desperate Housewives" case was dismissed.
According to the Associated Press via MSN Entertainment, the actress contended that she had been wrongfully fired from the hit ABC nighttime soap.
After a long dispute and despite the lack of information on the facts of this case filed in Los Angeles, the city's Superior Court Judge went on record. The honorable Michael Stern said that Nicollette Sheridan had given all the official material she had to offer prior to a potential retrial.
The original jury trial, which took place last year, ended in a deadlock of 8 to 4. This was in Sheridan's favor over ABC but since no retrial has been ordered, Sheridan's attorney reportedly will appeal.
By way of background, Nicollette Sheridan played Edie Britt on "Desperate Housewives." Her character was killed off, thus eliminating Sheridan from the ABC show.
During that time frame, the 49-year-old actress claimed show head honcho Marc Cherry had hit her over the head while the two were working together. Cherry insisted that the 2008 incident was a simple tap on the noggin used for directorial purposes, a common method.
And so, even though she fought a long battle, Nicollette Sheridan's case was dismissed by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Stern. However, an appeal is in the wings so stay tuned.