Officer Nick Pitofsky-Vanessa Pitofsky Texas Murder-Suicide case:The Dallas Morning News is reporting today that a police officer and his wife were found shot to death in their Texas home. Authorities say Sgt. Nick Pitofsky, 47, and his wife Vanessa Pitofsky, 42, died from gunshot wounds in an apparent murder-suicide on Wednesday.
Brief timeline in the death Nick Pitofsky-Vanessa Pitofsky
Nick and Vanessa Pitofsky lived in an apartment duplex on Browder Street in Dallas, TX. The couple was married for just three short years. Neighbors and acquaintances describe the couple as a normal couple, and that nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Nick Pitofsky is a well-respected, dedicated patrol sergeant for the Crandall Police Department. But, Nick Pitofsky had a dark side that made him violent and jealous.
Nick Pitofsky and Vanessa Pitofsky marry.
- By all accounts, the couple has a normal relationship. But, Vanessa Pitofsky tells friends that her husband is jealous.
- The couple moves to the Cedars neighborhood.
- Sgt. Nick Pitofsky joins the Crandall Police Department in Texas. He is well-respected by fellow officers.
- Nick Pitofsky is given the Reserve Officer of the Year award.
Saturday, February 22
- Sgt. Nick Pitofsky appears in a Youtube video, where he reviews a Mossberg 500 shotgun. In the Youtube video, Pitofsky tells viewers that he bought the shotgun to protect his wife, according to the Daily Mail.
- In the days leading up to the murder, Vanessa Pitofsky confides in friends that she is disabling her Facebook account because her husband was too jealous, according to Fox 4.
Wednesday, February 26
- Police are called to the Cedars neighborhood to do a welfare check on the couple. Police arrive at the duplex in the 1800 block of Browder Street, where they find the bodies of Nick and Vanessa Pitofsky. The couple appears to have died from gunshot wounds.
- Police have not offered a motive in the killings.
In a statement issued by the Crandall Police Department, Sgt. Nick Pitofsky will be dearly missed.