- Top Fuel champion Antron Brown and NHRA Road to the Future Award winner Courtney Force were honored by readers of Racer magazine for their 2012 accomplishments. Brown earned his first Drag Racer of the Year award after winning the first championship for any African-American in any major U.S. motorsports series. Force, the youngest daughter of 15-time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force, took home the magazine’s Rookie of the Year award. Force earned 60 percent of the vote over IndyCar’s Simon Pagenaud and Formula 1’s Daniel Ricciardo to become the first NHRA driver to earn the honor.
- Kenny Koretsky’s Nitro Fish Gear reunites with 2010 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle champion LE Tonglet for the 2013 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series season. “I am happy to be working with the Tonglets again,” said Koretsky. “This is a major sponsorship. We all want to win another championship.” Koretsky’s company will also be an associate sponsor for PSM riders Matt and Angie Smith. “I have worked with Matt and Angie before and am pleased to be associated with them again,” said Koretsky.
- Uni-Select’s Auto Service Plus and SAX brands will sponsor Funny Car driver Blake Alexander for 12 races in 2013, beginning at the Amalie Oil NHRA Gatornationals this weekend. The Auto Service Plus Funny Car will compete at 10 NHRA events as well as the Auto-Plus Night Under Fire match race at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. Gates Automotive, a longtime supporter of Alexander, will provide support at Houston and Charlotte in April.
Get more NHRA news at www.nhra.com.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
- Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance and Examiner.com Motorsports
- Twitter - @paulat14
- Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
- Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org