· Chris McGaha is jumping head-first into the 2014 Pro Stock season, acquiring the 2013 Chevrolet Camaro that Mike Edwards drove to 15 No. 1 qualifiers and six event wins last season. In addition to the Camaro, McGaha also purchased Edwards' truck and trailer and the contents of his engine shop in North Carolina, including all of the engines, transmissions, rear ends, and components. "I can't wait to get out there, but it's a little nerve-wracking because now it's all going to be up to me," said McGaha. "I basically have the fastest Pro Stock car out there. Heck, I don't know if anybody has ever had the chance to do something quite like this. But here I am, right where I've always wanted to be: driving a Chevrolet Camaro with a real chance of winning Pro Stock races."
· Erica Enders-Stevens will drive for Elite Motorsports in the Pro Stock category in 2014, driving a Chevrolet Camaro that will be tuned by Rick and Rickie Jones; Rickie won his first Pro Stock race at the NHRA Finals in November 2013. "I've been so blessed to have had the opportunities I've had so far," said Enders-Stevens. "For many years I got to race with my dad, which was something we always dreamed about when I was younger and something I'd love to do again some day. I've also raced on my own and, although it hasn't always been easy, I love this sport so much that I've fought to stay out here. The support I've received from my dad and the rest of my family, my longtime friends, and all of the wonderful fans out there have made it all worthwhile. This new start with Richard and Elite Motorsports is exciting for me. I hope I can repay their faith in me by being competitive and chasing after another championship."
· Enders-Stevens’ former tuner Dave Connolly moves back to the driver’s seat, joining Shane Gray in the Pro Stock category at Gray Motorsports. Connolly’s last Pro Stock win came at the U.S. Nationals in 2012; he has earned 23 Pro Stock Wallys since 2003.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com