- News/notes/observations from NFL games from week ending Dec, 29, 2013 :
1) Kyle Orton did a fantastic job replacing Tony Romo in Dallas Cowboys' season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. He even went the extra mile, and threw an interception on his final drive of the game.
2) Despite needing a blown call by the officials at the end of regulation, in order to ultimately gain an OT victory over a Kansas City team made up primarily of backup players, the San Diego Chargers are going to be a tough out, this postseason.
3) Andy Dalton's play in the Bengals' season finale vs Baltimore, might turn out to have been an ominous precursor. Bengals fans may be loud, but they are quite nervous about this weekend.
5) The entire Chicago Bears defense should be made to sit and watch those two botched, bonehead plays which led to Green Bay TD's. When I say "watch", I mean like 'A Clockwork Orange' style.
6) The Miami Dolphins should force Ryan Tannehill and Mike Wallace to show up to camp three weeks early, and get on the same page. Tannehill's inability to judge the speed of a wide-open Wallace, not only cost them on Sunday, but probably cost the team at least two other wins earlier in the season.
7) On "black monday", the Detroit Lions fired Head coach Jim Schwartz. If they are fortunate/insightful enough to hire Chargers' offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt as their new Head coach, the long-suffering Motor city faithful can finally begin dreaming.
8) The Philadelphia Eagles have the formula for a championship team; a good balanced attack, anchored by a strong running game. They may have arrived late to the party, but they are definitely ready to dance.
9) The Dallas Cowboys will not go to the Super Bowl next year either.
10) The San Diego Chargers are 7 pt underdogs vs Cincinnati this weekend; take the Chargers and the points.
*NFL news from Dec 30-31: Cleveland Browns Head coach Rob Chudzinski was fired on Sunday night. Head coaches Jim Schwartz (Detroit Lions), Greg Schiano (Tampa Bay), Leslie Frazier (Minnesota Vikings, and Mike Shanahan (Washington Redskins), were all fired on Monday. Injury news - Indianapolis Colts CB Vontae Davis is questionable to play against Kansas City. Green Bay Packers LB Clay Matthews is OUT for this weekend's game against San Francisco.