With four weeks remain on the NFL schedule 2013, the importance of matchups, games, and the various NFL playoff standing scenarios are magnified. According to a Dec. 4 NFL report, TV schedule, broadcasting times, and everything else football fans need to know to prepare for all the Week 14 action is now available.
Given that there are no more bye weeks to speak of, there will be 16 games on the weekly slate from now until the end of the regular season. However, before taking a closer look at every matchup in store this week, here's where each team stands in relation to each conference's NFL playoff scenarios:
American Football Conference Playoff Standings (Week 14)
- (10-2) Denver Broncos
- (9-3) New England Patriots
- (8-4) Indianapolis Colts
- (8-4) Cincinnati Bengals
- (9-3) Kansas City Chiefs
- (6-6) Baltimore Ravens
- Still in the hunt: (6-6) Miami Dolphins, (5-7) Tennessee Titans, (5-7) Pittsburgh Steelers, (5-7) San Diego Chargers and (5-7) New York Jets.
National Football Conference Playoff Standings (Week 14)
- (11-1) Seattle Seahawks
- (9-3) New Orleans Saints
- (7-5) Detroit Lions
- (7-5) Dallas Cowboys
- (9-3) Carolina Panthers
- (8-4) San Francisco 49ers
- Still in the hunt: (7-5) Philadelphia Eagles, (7-5) Arizona Cardinals, (6-6) Chicago Bears, (5-6-1) Green Bay Packers, (5-7) New York Giants and (5-7) St. Louis Rams.
If the NFL playoffs started today, the different scenarios will have the Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks and Saints enjoying a bye week. Meanwhile, the following matchups would take place in the Wild Card Round:
- AFC Playoff Scenario: (6) Ravens at (3) Colts - (5) Chiefs at (4) Bengals.
- NFC Playoff Scenario: (6) 49ers at (3) Lions - (5) Panthers at (4) Cowboys.
Now that we know where everyone stands, and where each team needs to go, let's take a look at the official NFL schedule 2013 for Week 14 games, which includes matchups and TV broadcasting information:
Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 (8:25 p.m. EST)
- Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars on NFL Network
Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 (1 p.m. EST)
- Indianapolis Colts at Cincinnati Bengals on CBS
- Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots on CBS
- Oakland Raiders at New York Jets on CBS
- Kansas City Chiefs at Washington Redskins on CBS
- Minnesota Vikings at Baltimore Ravens on FOX
- Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers on FOX
- Buffalo Bills at Tampa Bay Buccaneers on CBS
- Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers on CBS
- Detroit Lions at Philadelphia Eagles on FOX
- Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 (4:05 p.m. EST)
- Tennessee Titans at Denver Broncos on CBS
Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 (4:25 p.m. EST)
- St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals on FOX
- Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers on FOX
- New York Giants at San Diego Chargers on FOX
Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 (8:30 p.m. EST)
- Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints on NBC
Monday, Dec. 9, 2013 (8:40 p.m. EST)
- Dallas Cowboys at Chicago Bears on ESPN
Subscribe to receive the latest NFL schedule 2013 news, including but not limited to Week 14 matchups, NFL playoff scenarios, conference and division standings and TV broadcasting game information.