Opening kickoff is scheduled for Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. EST (7:30 p.m. CST/6:30 p.m. MST/5:30 p.m. PST) live on NBC.
According to NFL Week 16 betting oddsmakers, the home team is projected to prevail by two safeties or more this evening.
Las Vegas' latest point spreads list the hosting Eagles as -3½ point favorites versus the Bears [+3½] and the OVER/UNDER is set at a combined total of 55 points.
Not only are "Da Bears" 4-1 in their last five ATS meetings with Philadelphia, but the way these teams matchup screams "trap game" all the way for the birds.
From an offensive standpoint, Chicago is second in the league in points scored (29 ppg) compared to an Eagles team that ranks seventh in that department (26 ppg) and have an advantage in time of possession and Red Zone effectiveness.
On the other side of the football, even though Philly had outperformed Chi-town in points allowed, the Bears "D" surrenders far less yards per game, and the key statistic tonight: Lead the passing-game battle by surrendering 64 yards less yards than the opposition.
Chicago Bears Offense (NFL Rank)
- Points per game: 29.0 (2nd)
- Total yards per game: 393.4 (7th)
- Pass yards per game: 275.8 (5th)
- Rush yards per game: 117.6 (13th)
Chicago Bears Defense (NFL Rank)
- Points per game: 27.9 (28th)
- Total yards per game: 380.4 (27th)
- Pass yards per game: 228.0 (11th)
- Rush yards per game: 152.4 (32nd)
Philadelphia Eagles Offense (NFL Rank)
- Points per game: 26.0 (7th)
- Total yards per game: 414.0 (2nd)
- Pass yards per game: 261.1 (10th)
- Rush yards per game: 152.9 (1st)
Philadelphia Eagles Defense (NFL Rank)
- Points per game: 24.9 (17th)
- Total yards per game: 402.4 (30th)
- Pass yards per game: 291.6 (31st)
- Rush yards per game: 110.8 (16th)
NFL Schedule 2013 ATS Consensus Analysis
- Chicago spread: 49 percent
- Philadelphia spread: 51 percent.
- OVER: 59 percent.
- UNDER: 41 percent.
Examiner Week 16 NFL Free Picks: Chicago Bears [+3½]