The 2014 NFL playoff schedule gets underway today and the NFC match-up will feature two high flying offenses led by two quarterbacks that grew up near each other and attended the same high school.
According to a Sportsline report on Jan. 4, Eagles QB Nick Foles grew up in the shadows of Drew Brees, eventually following in his footsteps as they both played quarterback at Westlake High School in Austin, Texas.
Little did they know back then how good they would be in college and the NFL.
Foles has a long way to go to catch up to Drew Brees’ status in the NFL, but a win today for Foles and the Eagles would be a step in the right direction.
Eagles first year coach Chip Kelly's crazy fast break offense has thrust the coach and Foles into the spotlight.
Foles has completed 74.5 percent of his passes over the final games of the 2013 regular season and has had the offense clicking on all cylinders.
On the other hand, Drew Brees is just being Drew Brees. Brees has once again shown why he is considered one of the best in the game leading his Saints back into the postseason. Brees is 5-3 in the playoffs with New Orleans, throwing for 20 touchdowns, but tonight's game will be tough.
New Orleans has struggled big-time on the road this season, and facing a high powered running and passing attack in frigid temperatures isn't good for a team that loves to play in their hometown dome.
Prediction: This one could get ugly. If the Eagles are clicking, they will eventually win this game going away, I predict by 10 points or more.
Pick: Eagles -2
The game gets underway tonight at 8:00 p.m. EST on NBC.
Here is a look at the current injury reports as of Jan. 4 courtesy of CBS Sports.
- S Rafael Bush ANKLE PROBABLE Probable for Wild Card game at Philadelphia
- LB Keyunta Dawson CALF QUESTIONABLE Questionable for Wild Card game at Philadelphia
- RB Pierre Thomas CHEST OUT Out for Wild Card game at Philadelphia
- S Colt Anderson KNEE PROBABLE Probable for Wild Card game vs. New Orleans
- WR Jason Avant SHOULDER PROBABLE Probable for Wild Card game vs. New Orleans
- CB Brandon Boykin HIP PROBABLE Probable for Wild Card game vs. New Orleans
- LB Mychal Kendricks KNEE PROBABLE Probable for Wild Card game vs. New Orleans
- S Earl Wolff KNEE QUESTIONABLE Questionable for Wild Card game vs. New Orleans