The NFL has named Bengals K Josh Brown as the AFC Special Teams Player of the month for December. Brown is a 10-year veteran that joined the Bengals on December 6th after starting K Mike Nugent went down with an injury.
Brown kicked 11 of 12 field goal tries and was perfect (8 of 8) on making extra points. Brown's lone miss was a 56 yard attempt.
Brown put the Bengals into the playoffs with a 43 yard field goal in the final seconds of their victory over the Steelers. Brown’s award is the seventh (a franchise record) for the team this season. Other winners include:
- DT Geno Atkins (AFC Defensive Player of the Week)
- DE Carlos Dunlap (AFC Defensive Player of the Week)
- QB Andy Dalton (AFC Offensive Player of the Week)
- WR A.J. Green (AFC Offensive Player of the Month)
- DE Michael Johnson ( AFC Defensive Player of the Week)
- CB Adam Jones (AFC Special Teams Player of the Week)