Topping the list, and falling into the “duh” category of who’s who among the NFL’s disliked, is our dog killer Mike Vick. The public’s perception of Vick has barely budged, despite the fact the Philadelphia Eagles QB served his time in federal prison for bankrolling a dog-fighting operation. He’s been a good boy ever since his release four years ago, but in the court of public opinion, he’s still dog-lover’s enemy number one.
The survey was conducted by E-Poll Market Research, which interviewed 1,100 people over the age of 13 and asked them to rate hundreds of sports celebrities on appeal, likeability and other attributes.
Here are your top ten most disliked:
1. Michael Vick: Grrr.
2. Manti Te'o: The Chargers linebacker can’t shake the bizarre fake girlfriend scheme Te’o was caught up in at Notre Dame last year. His draft stock fell, and Te’o’s online relationship with a nonexistent woman just painted him as a big dummy.
3. Ndamukong Suh: The Defensive lineman with the Detroit Tigers might be the NFL’s dirtiest player. In Suh’s repertoire of moves we find stomping, groin kicks, low blocks and a host of hard and very cheap hits.
4. Ben Roethlisberger: Big Ben’s two sexual assault allegations, though never sticking, left the successful QB tarnished. Because of the information brought to light in the allegations, Roethlisberger was ordered to undergo a league-mandated “professional behavior evaluation” prior to the 2010 season, and was suspended the first six games.
5. Mark Sanchez: Maybe it’s the way he wears that goofy hair clip thing. Pretty boy Sanchez has been on a steady regression with the New York Jets. Jets fans can’t stand him, and with Sanchez out with an injury and Geno Smith looking better, Sanchez has nowhere to go but down.
6. Jay Cutler: The Bears QB just seems to be an all-around grump.
7. Tony Romo: Nice guy, but when you date Jessica Simpson and can’t get your team to the Super Bowl, this is what happens.
8. Tom Brady: Brady has it all – Great looks, a model wife, endorsement up the yahoo, gobs of money, multiple Super Bowl rings, perfect life, so of course, we all hate the dude.
9. Carson Palmer: Fans detest finding out a player doesn’t want to be their player anymore, so when Palmer forced his departure from Cincinnati in 2011, that disgruntled moniker stuck.
10. Reggie Bush: An uneven playing career, a jaunt with Kim Kardashian, and a scandal where the former USC player had to return his Heisman equal a load of distaste.