NFL mock draft 2014 news has revealed a set order for the first 10 picks now. In a new 2014 NFL mock draft by Yahoo!, three quarterbacks are selected in the first five picks. According to the report from Monday (Dec. 30), Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, and Blake Bortles are the prospects projected to be selected that high.
The Houston Texans have the first overall selection and it makes sense for them to target Bridgewater. The Louisville quarterback seems like a well-rounded prospect, but he hasn't yet committed to leaving college football. That might come a bit later, but for now he isn't making that decision known. Neither is Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, who could become the No. 3 selection by the Jacksonville Jaguars according to the latest projections.
Blake Bortles from Central Florida and Derek Carr from Fresno State are two more college quarterbacks expected to go high. Trades could start to happen in one or two of these top prospects decides that they want to stay in college another season. If Bridgewater decided to wait another year, it would then become very tough for Houston to pass on Jadeveon Clowney with that first pick.
2014 NFL Mock Draft -- First Round:
1. Houston Texans - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington) - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
4. Oakland Raiders - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
5. Cleveland Browns - Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
8. Minnesota Vikings - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
9. Buffalo Bills - CJ Mosley, OLB, Alabama
10. Detroit Lions - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
More Football News: