Observations/notes from NFL week 16, ending Dec 23, 2013:
3) I will never again put my reputation on the line, when it comes to supporting the Detroit Lions.
4) The Chicago Bears should go ahead and tank this weekend. The sooner Jay Cutler's awkward offseason gets underway, the better.
5) The more regular season accolades Peyton Manning receives, and regular season records he sets, the more magnified are his playoff failures. Late season injuries to both Wes Welker and Von Miller, do provide a built-in excuse for this postseason.
7) The Jonathan Martin case was strange, weird, unusual, and the public will never truly know what happened.
9) The Dallas Cowboys are destined to be 8-8 for the third straight season. This, combined with the playoff uncertainty caused by Tony Romo's late season injury, means they will once again be one of the "Expert's" Super Bowl picks next season.
10) Merry Xmas to all, and to all, a good night.
NFL news/notes from Dec 23: Denver Broncos: LB Von Miller (torn ACL) is out for season. WR Wes Welker (concussion) doubtful for Week 17. Green Bay Packers: LB Clay Matthews (broken thumb) is out for Week 17. QB Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) has not yet been cleared to play. RB Eddie Lacy (ankle) is questionable for Week 17. Dallas Cowboys: QB Tony Romo (back) is out for Week 17. St Louis Rams: T Jake Long (torn ACL/MCL) is out for season.