The program recognizes business people - entrepreneurs, executives, professionals - who will lead their companies, and their community, into the future.
The NextGen Leaders program is designed to:
- recognize the budding talent in the Kansas City metro
- help emerging leaders continue to build their knowledge and skill sets
- connect the program's participants with each other and the present generation of Kansas City leaders
A panel of judges will select 25 NextGen Leaders based on their accomplishments, talents and drive. The aim is to add another talented class each year and build a framework in which emerging leaders can learn, share and build a network of fellow NextGen Leaders.
Sequence of Events:
- The awards program kicks off with the online nomination process, which will remain open until April 18.
- The nominee will then be asked to submit an application, which a panel of judges will review.
- After the judges make their selections, the second class of NextGen Leaders will be announced.
- The NextGen Leaders will be featured in a supplement to the Business Journal and recognized at a private luncheon in their honor.
- Nominee must have direct reports and/or P&L responsibility.
- NextGen Leader nominees must live and work in the Kansas City metropolitan area