Nashville boomers are becoming single at an astonishing rate these days and most of them haven’t dipped into the dating pool for at least 20 years. So how do you take a nose dive back into the singles world when you have no clue? You get busy!
Chances are that you haven’t gone out and experienced anything new in quite a few years. So here is a small list of things you can do to right now to get back on the horse (and none of them include dating!):
· Go bowling-or skating, play darts, or any activity that you love (or used to love). Google your location and activity. There are tons of local groups that meet regularly for fun and friendly companionship.
· Go to the library-or join a book club.
· Plug in-if you’re a geek, join the Nashville Geek Breakfast and meet some locals that are serious about social media (and enjoy a great breakfast).
· Cook-if you enjoy cooking or want to learn how, join a local club and meet new friends while you bake away.
· Be a good neighbor-join the neighborhood watch or deliver meals to shut-ins.
The main point here is to just get out and meet people. The more people you meet, the more opportunities you will have to meet someone that strikes your fancy. Plus, all these new experiences will make you more interesting and gives you something to talk about. See? Not one mention of dating was listed above! Well, what are you waiting for? Get busy!